Product Name: BSC – KOS pre-workout 30 Servings
Brand: Body Science (BSC)
Product Type: Pre-workout/Stimulants (contains caffeine)
This is classed as a pre-workout with stimulants, this means it contains caffeine and neuro-stimulants to help mentally and physically boost your workout performance by increasing your focus and oxygen delivery to the rest of your body.
KOS Pre-workout is a formulated supplement manufactured to intensify your workout. This pre-workout contains creatine, beta alanine, arginine and caffeine. The combination of ingredients in this pre-workout work synergistically to increase the intensity and focus during workout, improve muscle growth, strength and enhance recovery.
- Beta alanine: Is known as a non-essential amino acid which is converted inside the body into a natural chemical compound known as carnosine. Carnosine has an important role in normal functioning of the body including the adequate functioning and development of the muscles, heart and many other organs. Carnosine increases physical endurance by providing electrical nerve signals to the required muscle groups. The fundamental role of beta alanine once conversion has occurred is to provide a barrier and reduce the accumulation of acidic residue during a workout. This assists in the reduction of lactic acid accumulation which contributes to a reduction in muscle fatigue.
- Arginine: An essential amino acid which increases insulin secretion and is converted to urea in the liver by arginase.
- Caffeine: Is found naturally in tea, coffee and chocolate where it also comes in supplement form. Caffeine enhances mental alertness, reduces drowsiness and improves coordination.
- Carnitine: Is an amino acid that is naturally produced inside the body which converts triglycerides into mitochondria which are oxidized to produce energy where in return burns body fat. The body can convert L-carnitine into other amino acids known as Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Propionyl-L-Carnitine. Carnitine also boosts recovery where the majority of carnitine pools inside the skeletal muscles. L-carnitine supplementation is implemented to increase levels in those whose natural levels of carnitine are low. Natural L-carnitine levels may be low because of a genetic disorder, certain medications, medical procedures, strict vegetarian diets and dieters. L-carnitine is beneficial in conditions relating to the cardiovascular system including congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, myocardial infarctions and chest pain.
- Creatine: Is an organic, water soluble substance that forms the important building blocks of muscle and has an important role in supplying energy to muscle cells during high intensity activity. It is used as an energy source by the skeletal muscle which is one of the important building blocks of muscle. Creatine is naturally produced by the body and is found in small quantities in animal products. The body stores creatine until it is required to create ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) which is the substance used to manufacture energy. Creatine is often utilized during a high intensity exercise to enhance physical performance and increase muscle protein synthesis. Creatine doesn’t cause an increase in muscle fiber however, it does increase the water content of muscles making them appear larger. Over time, creatine can cause real fat free mass because of its strength building properties.
- Build muscle
- Enhance performance
- Improve concentration
- Improve endurance
- Increase energy
- Increase strength
Directions of use:
Use one (1) scoop and consume with 300ml of water 30minutes prior to exercise.