Our Eggy Protein Custard is beautifully smooth and is perfect for those who are on a puree food stage post bariatric surgery. It has that satisfying taste of a traditional egg custard, but with an extra boost of protein. Whether it’s for dessert or snacking, chasing that protein goal daily, has just been made easier and more enjoyable!
4 large eggs
2 cups milk (any type, cows milk or almond milk)
1/4 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute (we use monk fruit sweetener)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 scoops of Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein
Ground nutmeg or cinnamon for garnish (optional)
1. First thing, preheat your oven to 165°C. Place a baking dish or roasting pan filled with water in the oven to create a water bath for baking the custard.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and the scoops of Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein, until everything is mixed well.
3. Next, pour the custard mixture into individual ramekins or a baking dish.
4. Then, place the ramekins or baking dish into the preheated oven, carefully setting them in the water bath.
5. Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until the custard is set around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the centre.
6. Lastly, remove from the oven and let them cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to chill and set further.
7. Optional: Before serving the chilled Eggy Protein Custard, sprinkle a pinch of ground nutmeg or cinnamon on top of each custard for added flavour and presentation.
Makes 4 servings or 8 for bariatric portions. For 193g per serve:
Carbs – 1g
Protein – 14g
Fat – 6g