Our Halloween Protein Bites resemble tiny pumpkins and are stuffed with a protein-packed filling which makes them so worth the effort to make! It’s a fun and exciting snack to serve the families with, for Halloween or whatever the occasion may be. The secret to the pumpkin appearance is in tying them up with string and don’t forget to generously coat with cooking spray before you start! For the “how to” guide, read below!
2 Sheets of puff pastry
½ cup bolognaise sauce
3 tablespoons almond flour
4 Scoops Tasteless Protein for Kids or Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein
8 bocconcini balls
1 or 2 eggs (optional) for egg wash.
Basil leaves to decorate
- Firstly, pre-heat oven to 190C and line a cookie tray with non-stick baking paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Take pastry out from refrigerator and cut two sheets into quarters.
- Next, mix up the filling by combining ½ a cup of jar bolognaise sauce, 3 tablespoons of Almond Flour and 4 scoops of Tasteless Protein For Kids, together in a bowl.
- Place a small spoon of this inside each pastry square that you have pre-cut.
- Then, in the middle of each pastry square place one bocconcini ball.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry and draw it up together to make a ball type shape.
- Next, spray the exterior of each pastry ball very well with cooking spray.
- Cut lengths of string to tie around the balls to create a pumpkin look (watch the video clip for pointers on how to achieve this step)
- Make sure that you spray the string with non-stick cooking spray before you commence to wrapping it around your pastry balls.
- Optional: beat the egg and brush it over the pastry ball to achieve a shiny golden brown colour.
- Finally, bake in a 190C oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- When it’s golden brown, remove from the oven and place the Halloween Protein Bites onto your serving platter and enjoy!
8 Bites, weighing 60g per serve
Calories – 129
Carbs – 7g
Protein – 11g
Fat – 6g