Check out our take on an Aussie classic but with a decadent twist, introducing: Protein Weet Bix Slice! Each slice is packed with all the goodness to help nourish your body, satisfy your palate and keep you full for longer. In this recipe we show you how to further lower the carbs by swapping out a few ingredients without sacrificing on the flavour.
4 Scoops Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein
4 Weet Bix (we used gluten free)
½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Substitute
¾ cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond flour
2/3 tablespoons coco powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla
125 grams butter melted
1. Start with pre-heating the oven to 180C and lining a slice tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure to break up the weet bix. Note: You can also put the weet bix into your food processor to make them into a finer powder if you want to but we like a little more texture in our slice!
3. Pour the melted butter into the mixture and mix well.
4. Add in a generous slurp of vanilla extract and mix again. The mixture should resemble buttery breadcrumbs.
5. Next, pour the mixture into your pre-lined slice tray.
6. Bake your slice for approximately 18 – 22 minutes depending on your oven!
Prepare the icing (optional)
7. Combine chocolate chips with the almond milk and melt it in your microwave or over a bowl of boiling water on the stove.
8. Mix in the icing sugar once the mixture has totally melted.
9. Lastly, pour your icing over the slice while it is still hot. Allow it to seep into the top of your Protein Weet Bix Slice! Delicious!
Macros without icing
Per 35g slice
Calories – 177
Carbs – 12g
Protein – 6g
Fat – 14g