Our seriously delicious Stuffed Capsicum Boats are packed with protein and rank high in the nutrition scale. They look great on any grazing platter but are also a fantastic choice for lunch or dinner with the family at home. We recommend using both big and small sized capsicums to cater for different portion requirements. And if desired, you can add additional toppings like chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives or diced avocado before baking – whatever floats your boat.
3 large capsicums
3 small capsicums
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 tub cream cheese
1 tablespoon Spicy Mexican mingle seasoning
4 scoops of Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or Mexican blend)
1 cup dry slaw
Salt & pepper to taste
1. First thing, preheat your oven to 190°C.
2. To create capsicum boats; slice the tops off the capsicums, chop into halves and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken breast, lite cream cheese, spicy Mexican mingle seasoning, and Tasteless protein. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Add the chopped red onion and the shaved zucchini into the chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix again.
5. Next, stuff each capsicum boat with the chicken mixture, ensuring they are packed tightly.
6. Place the stuffed capsicums in a baking dish and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the top of each boat.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until your cheese is melted and lightly golden.
8. Carefully remove the capsicum boats from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
9. If desired, garnish with extra chopped onion, chopped fresh herbs (such as coriander or parsley) and a sprinkle of spicy Mexican mingle seasoning.
10. Serve and enjoy the Stuffed Capsicum Boats as a main course or as an appetizer!
Per 109 grams:
Carbs – 4 grams
Protein – 12 grams
Fat – 5 grams