Our Beef Curry With Tasteless Protein is a hearty, comfort food you can enjoy at home for dinner or lunch. Succulent meat and aromatic spices, this is the ultimate curry experience packed with so much flavour and enticing aroma to delight your senses. The bonus to this is it’s protein-rich, low in carbs and has so much nutrition value – thanks to the added Tasteless Protein.
1.5 kg beef rump steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs ground cumin
4 scoops Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein
1 tbs ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder (adjust to taste)
3 red chillies, small (optional, for extra heat)
1 tbs grated ginger
Thai basil for garnish (optional)
1 onion, cut into wedges
400 g canned diced tomatoes
1 can light coconut milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (help make the meat more tender – optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and chilli powder. Mix well to create a spice blend.
2. Add the Tasteless Protein by Feel Good Protein to the spice blend and mix it in.
3. Then, heat a large pot and fry pan to medium heat. Add a splash of oil and brown the beef pieces in batches until they are nicely seared. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
4. In the same pot, add the red chillies (if using), crushed garlic, grated ginger, and onion wedges. Sauté them until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
5. Return the browned beef to the pot and mix it with the onion mixture.
6. Sprinkle the spice blend over the beef and onion mixture. Then, stir well to coat the meat evenly with the spices.
7. Next thing, add the canned diced tomatoes to the pot and stir everything together. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the curry simmer for about 2-3 hours (the goal is until the beef becomes tender and the flavors meld together). Stir occasionally and add water if needed to maintain the desired consistency.
9. Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt or spices according to your preference.
10. Finally, serve the Beef Curry With Tasteless Protein hot with steamed rice or naan bread.
Note: Feel free to adjust the spice levels according to your preference by adjusting the amount of chilli powder and red chillies.
Recipe makes for a total of 2450g.
Protein – 16g
Fat – 1g
Carbs – 2g
Calories – 81